Suits for men are versatile pieces that can be worn in a variety of styles and situations. There are many ready-to-wear suits available, but you may also have a bespoke suit from Royal Oak, MI. Suits are more than just a fashion statement, they are a timeless charm that turns men into gentlemen with exotic careers. However, men, particularly those new to the world of suits, can be confused by the various types of suits available on the market.
You’re probably wondering, “What kind of suit would look good on me at this event?” Stop worrying about it so much, because here are some stylish suits that will help you decide what suit to wear to your next event!
Suit Types for Men
- Suit Fit Types
- Slim Fit – It is a type of suit that does not allow for excess fabric. It has a narrow waist, and chest, and tapers down the body. It provides enough definition to make you look great while emphasizing all of your lumps and bumps. It is best used at weddings, court appearances, job interviews, and other special occasions.
- Classic Fit – Everything is in the name! This is a timeless and classic suit that will never go out of style. This is an option that will make you feel more comfortable in any situation. It has a regular fit and is a good choice if you’re not sure what to wear. Most boutiques offer custom-made suits in Royal Oak, MI in addition to ready-to-wear options.
- Modern Fit Suit – In terms of fit, this style falls somewhere between slim and classic. It is not as tight as slim, but it is more fitted than the classic. It’s also a good choice if you’re not ready for a full-on classic or slim fit but still want to look fine and sharp. This style is appropriate for any occasion, from casual to formal.
2. Suit Lapel Types
- Notch Lapels – The most common type of lapel that is pointed at an angle, forming a triangle between the notch and seam. It goes well with appropriate pants, jeans, or even chinos.
- Peak Lapels – This style is an improvement over notch lapels. It has top edges that meet vertically at sharp angles beneath the collar. It represents sophistication and high standards.
- Shawl Lapels – This is found in a variety of tuxedo suits. This type is aesthetically pleasing and provides a timeless sense of uniqueness and class.
3. Blazer Cut Types
- Single-Breasted Suits – This single-breasted suit is a must-have for any man’s wardrobe. It has a single row of buttons on the front and one or three buttons down the front seam in one clean line. It’s usually best to pair it with a notch lapel.
- Double-Breasted Suits – This style has one side buttoned across the other and two or three buttons on either side. It has a front cut that is almost wrap-around. In contrast to the single-breasted suit, the double-breasted suit is more semi-formal or casual.
- Unstructured Blazers – This design has little to no padding. It is ideal for use in the summer and spring because it relieves stress on the body. It is appropriate for casual or semi-formal occasions.
- Tuxedos – It is the most popular type and is typically used for black-tie events and formal weddings. It has satin accents, which distinguishes it from other types.
There you have it! We hope that these guidelines for different types of suits for men will assist you in deciding what to wear to the event you will have to attend. You can choose between ready-to-wear and bespoke suits in Royal Oak, MI, but what matters most is your comfort. Pair it with the right belt, tie or bow, and shoes, as well as a perfect smile and confidence, and you’ll be sure to stand out from the crowd.
If you are looking for a tailor shop that can make your desired type of suit, contact Custom Crown Clothing and we will make every detail perfectly fit you. Call us at (248) 439-1898 or come to our shop at 2410 W 14 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48073 to get your best suit done right away!